We made it to the last 2 weeks of 2015, crazy year... Crazy for me personally with the broken neck (don't take life for granted!), crazy with all the "Unicorns" that emerged, crazy in terms of the continued innovation in business and marketing, you get it...
There are hundreds of articles on "2016 trends" to accompany your eggnog (Tip: Makers Mark and eggnog rocks). The good news for you? I handpicked the top articles, jotted down a few predictions of my own and sure enough listed 'em directly below just for you! :)
"Innovation is change that unlocks new value"
- Five Social Trends Marketers Won't Be Able to Ignore from AdvertisingAge. Not sure I agree that "Messaging platforms will trump broadcast social networks", but you need to see their points on Snapchat TV.
- Business 2 Community infographic called out the over-techie marketers out there, computers STILL can't do your job for you!
- Your Brand Reputation Isn't An Algorithm. I won't be that guy that says "SEO is dead" or "there's no need to put a press release on the wire", but you need to x...
- Marketing Automation Matures. The platforms and tech won't do the job for you, but they can damn sure make it easier and more cost effective.
- InstaHype and Double L Brands are banking on the fact Influencer Marketing will finally mature and hold bloggers accountable for real business metrics.
- The next big platform will not be smart glasses, smart cars or virtual reality from Business Insider, are they more bullish on augmented reality?
- Magic Leap's $827 million capital raise is bewildering, especially with NO product except a video. Huge opportunity for other AR tech to capitalize on this buzz and actually launch REAL products, likkkkke Dallas-based Aireal?
- 5 Predictions that WON'T Happen from eMarketer are pretty great, particularly their point that young people WILL NOT abandon Facebook.
- BONUS Restaurant Trends: Great article from Food Channel says "A No Tipping Future" will emerge in 2016, and "Tangy" is the magic 2016 flavor palate.
- ***UPDATE on NYE: Had to include the predictions in this Social Media Examiner article as I think this is a SOLID list of 10 predictions!
As we all know, this will be a different list by the end of Q1... I damn sure don't have all the answers, but looking forward to being part of the crazy innovations in 2016!
And, if you're still reading, we'll end on a personal note...
I'm in the middle of my post-game analysis of the year, and 2015 kicked my ass. I paused Double L Brands, randomly moved to Denver to unsuccessfully launch a music startup, broke my neck, and have spent the last few months getting it all back together. Just remember, SHIT HAPPENS! :) Plenty of amazing personal experiences, growth and learnings -- I'm REALLY looking forward to the 2016 ride with all of you!
Keep Livin' that Dream!